Plant epi/genetics: From basic research to plant breeding
29-31 October, 2018
“Plant epi/genetics” is an international conference on epigenetics and transposable elements. The aim of this conference is to bring together experts, novices, students and breeders to exchange and discuss their latest results in the fields of epigenetics and transposable elements. The conference will range from fundamental research to applications in crop plants. Plant breeding companies are encouraged to join in and participate at this meeting.
The main themes of the conference will be:
- Epigenetic and genetic mechanisms involved in genome stability.
- Transposable elements and plant genome evolution.
- Heritability of epigenetic marks.
- Regulation of phenotypic variability in plants by transposable elements and epigenetics
- Harnessing epigenetics and transposable elements for crop breeding.
- Novel sequencing technologies and bioinformatics tools for the analysis of epigenetic marks and transposable elements.
- Claude Becker
- Testuji Kakutani
- Marie Mirouze
- Olivier Panaud
- Bob Schmitz
- Nathan Springer
We hope to meet you in Angers soon!
for the organizing committee
INRA, Angers, France
IRD, Montpellier, France
GMI, Vienna, Austria
Université de Perpignan, Perpignan, France
University of Minnesota, USA